Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What Happened to My Semester?

But seriously, what?

In less than two weeks, I'll be back in the good ol' US of A wondering where I can get some decent eggplant and dumplings. It's hard to believe that so little time is left and there's still so much left to do. It will indeed be a sad train ride to Beijing.

But speaking of Beijing, I'll be headed back to China in July to teach English at a MUN summer camp for Chinese middle and high school students in Beijing and Shanghai for a few weeks, so I'm hoping the opportunity will help me continue to use my Chinese and see a bit more of China before returning to San Antonio for the fall semester of my senior year (wait, what?!). I wish I could give you a more thorough and interesting post/update, but the reality of it is, I should be writing an essay, doing laundry, reviewing a multitude of material and contemplating the last few souvenirs I need to buy before departing at the end of next week.

Today my 一对一 (one-on-one) professor said I sounded like a native speaker. She obviously has been smoking crack. Chinese people can be way too complimentary sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Native speaker? I didn't know you were made in China :P

    ReplyDelete